COMMUNITY CARE AT ADELAIDE ROAD PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
If you love each other, everyone will know that you are my disciples. (John 13:35, Contemporary English Version)
At ARPC, we all have a variety of practical skills and gifts that we can share with other members, and by doing so, we strengthen our church community and demonstrate our love for one another.
The Community Care initiative (led by ARPC’s congregational committee) seeks to ensure that the needs of all our church community are met,especially at those times when church members experience challenging circumstances.
We try to match the needs of our community with the services that members of our congregation may be able to offer each other.
I want to help out!
You can complete our community care survey here to offer your help.
What kind of help is available?
- Members of our church have offered to help out in manydifferent areas:
- Help with gardening/cutting grass
- Help with housework/household chores
- Basic DIY (including painting/minor repairs)
- Babysitting rota
- Visiting older members of ARPC
- Visiting church members in hospital
- Providing computer/IT help
- Homework support for secondary school pupils
- Language learning exchanges
- Driving church members to the GP or hospital for an appointment
- Stocking up a freezer with food for church members
- Helping out with household budgets/paperwork
- Bicycle maintenance
- Help with jobsearch/CV
- Essay proofreading
Who do I contact?
If you would like help in an area mentioned (for yourself/your family, or for another church member) please speak to our Minister, Sam Mawhinney, or your elder.