Eaglais Phreispitéireach Na hÉireann
11th February 2018
We welcome everyone to our United Appeal Service this morning led by Rev. Sam Mawhinney and the preacher is Keith Preston from the International Meeting Point, Belfast
Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! (Romans 11 v 33a) (Also Psalm 139 v 17-18)
Minister: Rev. Sam Mawhinney 01-2694922 email@example.com
Clerk of Session: Tommy Wilson 086-3868848 firstname.lastname@example.org
Prayer coordinator: Winnie Wilmot 01-2694511 email@example.com
Treasurer: Stuart Ferguson 086-6860537 firstname.lastname@example.org
Guardian: Víctor de Souza Campos 083-0475481 email@example.com
Welcome & Call to Worship
Opening Praise IPH 227 Praise my soul the King of Heaven
Reading Ephesians Ch 2:11-22 (page 1174)
Children’s Praise Shine
(Supervised Crèche available for 0-3yr olds downstairs;
Children from age 4 – 12 leave for Sunday Special and K2)
Offering MP 1087 Lord, I come before your throne
Sermon Keith Preston
Prayers of Intercession
Closing Praise MP 250 How shall they hear
You are invited to stay for tea / coffee downstairs after the service.
Date Crèche (Downstairs for infants up to age 3) Welcome Rota
Today Kirsty Pillai & Terrie Colman Black Graeme Murdock & Barbara Lamb
18th Feb Caitlin & Edelle Nickels Raymond & Colette McCaw
Church News & Diary
1. Presbytery Service this evening 11th February in Blackrock Presbyterian Church @7pm Speaker the Moderator of the General Assembly the Rev. Noble McNeely. All welcome.
2. Sunday 18th February Rev. Sam Mawhinney. Mark Ch 10:32-52 Church leadership with committee elections in mind!
3. Committee meet on Tuesday 13th @ 7.30pm on Community Floor.
4. Prayer Ministry will take place at the front of the church beside the organ. Team members available to pray today are Lorna Carson & Ken Gillanders. The link person is Anne Gillanders.
5. The first meeting of the new Living Well group will take place this Wed 14th Feb at 11am in the home of Alan and Heather Moore, 22 Pemberton, Herbert Rd, Bray. Access is very easy from the M50/M11 driving south. Directions available today. Lifts can be arranged. This group is for the post-retirement age bracket and will meet several times a year for a variety of activities. All welcome to the first meeting when programme and venues will be discussed. In the interim please put in your diary Sat 12th May, 11am, when Professor Sabina Brennan (TCD) has agreed to give a seminar in the Donore Room on brain health as we grow older. This should be excellent and will exceptionally be open to all members of ARPC and the Dublin Presbytery and their friends.
6. International cafe meets in the church building on a Friday night at 19:30 (7:30 pm). This is an opportunity to enjoy a simple meal, have fun, practise your English and meet new friends. All international students welcome. See our Facebook page.https://www.facebook.com/International-Cafe-ARPC-Dublin-275443865807699/
7. Youth Group – The Salt Project – 2018 Season! All welcome on Saturday 27th January for the next meeting. Current members all welcome back and bring a friend if you can! Age range – For young people attending secondary school. Dates – 24th Feb, 10th & 24th Mar. Full dates for after Easter – Summer to be circulated on the email chain and WhatsApp in due course. Please speak to Denise, Sarah, Ronan or David for details. (Contact Denise firstname.lastname@example.org 087-759-4328
8. Accommodation required: A former Director of Scripture Union in Russia, his grandson (19) who is a Christian and lives in Paris is coming to Trinity College from the beginning of February for 5 months. He is looking for a room to rent or a place in a Christian home. If you can help please contact Sam.
9. Free Will Offering – If members wish to consider simplifying their giving by using a Standing Order, please speak to Stuart Ferguson or contact him on 086-6860537 or email@example.com – Thank you. If you wish to receive Envelopes for 2018, please speak to Ken Cinnamond (01-2984910).
10. Sunday morning Tea/Coffee Rota – We are looking for new folk to serve in doing the Tea/Coffee after church – this is an essential part of our Ministry. Could you please sign the list in the Vestibule or contact Ken Borland at firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Easter Mission We are planning a three day mission during Wednesday –Friday of Holy Week the 28th -30th March. The speaker is the Rev Leslie Addis with events at lunchtime and in the evening. We realize we need God’s help and are planning Church Prayer times on Sunday 18th February and the 11th March at 7pm. hoping that as many as possible of us will gather to ask for the Lord to bless our plans and speaker.