Encouraged by the passage Acts 2:41 (when the Holy Spirit descended in Jerusalem 50 days after the resurrection and ascension of Jesus, 3,000 were added to the church’s number!) our own elders have identified 5 priorities for ministry within Adelaide Road congregation and Dublin in the 21st Century.
The early church, comprising people from every conceivable nation and language (Acts 2:8-11), born by the Holy Spirit’s breath, displayed the desire to WORSHIP (praising God, v. 47). They devoted themselves to God’s WORD (the apostle’s teaching, v. 42). They gave a WELCOME to those not yet part of the group (they ate together with glad and sincere hearts, v. 46) and they expressed their new found faith through the twin expressions of WORKS (giving to anyone who had need, v. 45) and WITNESS (the Lord added to their number daily those who where being saved, v. 47).
- In WORSHIP we seek to honour God with our voices and in our lives.
- In WELCOME we seek to make outsiders insiders, and strangers friends.
- In WORD we seek to take the Bible seriously, and obey it.
- In WITNESS we seek to make Salvation known by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- In WORKS we seek to make the love of Jesus felt in the community.